Results Technology at the HSBC UK National Downhill Series Presented by GT Bicycles.
Live timing from Action Sports Timing. This will be the first for a downhill race series in the world to offer live timing and results for not only the race but for also for all of practice. That means that every practice run you take on Saturday or Sunday morning will be recorded with the data available to the riders at the touch of a finger via their smart phones.
The timing will be set up the same as for the UCi World Cup downhill races using the latest Active Pro Transponders with satellite & GPS synchronised timing to produce results down to 1/100 second. For added security a second backup system using Tag Heuer timing equipment will run in parallel.
The Transponders must be cabled tied low down to riders front fork on the opposite side to the disc brake. A card deposit will be required for the transponder which is returned on the safe return of the transponder. It’s the rider responsibility to look after transponder.
The live results will then all be displayed on a big screen in the finish arena and on the National Series website where you can also leave comments or share direct on Facebook and Twitter.
With two satellite systems onsite to stream live the latest results and news from the events, means anyone in the world you can tune in to watch the rider’s live times for all of Saturday’s practice, Sunday’s seeding runs and the final race run.
- In the event two riders have the same time, both riders shall be awarded the same place and relevant points and prize money if applicable. For example, if two Elite riders tied for first place, both would receive first place prize money and stand on the top step of the podium. Second place on the podium would remain vacant. The third placed rider would receive third place points and prize money.
- In the event of a tie for series overall positions, the rider with the best position at the most recent race (seeding earlier that day if applicable) takes precedence.
- The best 5 of 6 rounds count towards series position.
- If seeding does not take place, seeding points will be automatically awarded to the race results. For example, if seeding was cancelled and you won your race then you would be awarded 250 points.
Action Sports Timing Facebook Page.
- Copyright notice: This website and its content are copyright of the National Series [British Downhill Series]. All rights reserved
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of this schedule in any form is prohibited other than the following:
-You may print or download to a local hard disk extracts of this schedule for your personal and non-commercial use only.
-You may copy the content of this schedule to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material.
-You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content of this schedule. Nor may you transmit the schedule or store it in any other website or another form of electronic retrieval system.